Over the years we at Creative Pumps have built up a large bank of knowledge about ponds, pumps and all related equipment which we are happy to share with our customers. We have several handy guides and information pages available below which can help you with installation information, design ideas, troubleshooting and much more. There are 3 easy ways you can go about finding the answer to your question, solution to your problem or information you are after.
1. Fill out one of the below online forms and submit it to us, and we will work out the parts you need for your project and get back to you via phone or email
There is no cost or obligation involved with submitting your project information via a help form. Our specialists are more than happy to assist you.
- Sizing up a Pond Pump only - no filter, just a pump
- Sizing up a Pump and Filter - Pump, filter and we can make provisions for a waterfall, statue or other feature if you need it
- Sizing up a Spillway or Waterwall - We will help work out the pump, spillway box and fittings you need for your water feature. For waterfalls such as rock waterfalls or streams use the 'pump only' form above, not this one
2. Browse our general help section using the links below or check the product for the type of information you are interested in
Hint: Most of the product pages have a significant amount of information on them to help you work out which model you need, for example Laguna Pressureflo Pressure Filters.
Design Advice and New Projects
- Pond Filter Flow Calculator - Quick reference chart for you to manually work out what size filter you need for your pond. We can do it for you if your prefer - click here
- Pond Liner Calculator - Calculator that allows you to enter the dimensions of your pond and calculate the size of the pond liner required
- Helpful tips on Pond Design - Handy tips to help you decide how your pond should look and what to do
- Photos of ponds and ideas - a collection of photos, sent in by happy customers, of ponds. Browse through them to get ideas for your project
- How to make your pond Frog Friendly - Some tips for making your pond attractive to Frogs!
- Swimming Pond Ideas - everything you need to know to make a natural swimming pond in your own backyard
- Pool Pumps vs Sump Pumps vs Pond Pumps - Why ponds pumps are far superior for running ponds and water features
- Pumping Head Height Explained - What does 'head height' mean? It is needed for selecting pretty much ANY pond pump or other pump
- Waterfall Flow Rate Calculator - Use this easy guide to help calculate the flow rate (pump size) required for your waterfall
- Pipe Friction Head Loss Calculator - Use this simple calculator to work out how extra head height you need to allow for when selecting a pond pump based on the pipe size and length
- Chemical Resistance Guide - For Flojet and other industrial pumps
- What is a pressure tank and why would I use one? - Save money and extend the life and reliability of your household rainwater pressure pump
- Aussie's Observations explained - Our rating system and how it works
- How to install your pond liner - An easy to follow, step by step guide with pictures, showing how to install pond liner in your backyard
- How to run Cable or Hose out of your Pond or Trough - Our guide to neatly installing your submersible pond pump cable and hose with connections below the water level and out of sight
- How to install a Waterblade water feature - Waterblade setup guide
- How to install your dry-mount/in-line pump - Install your pond pump outside of your pond
- Spillway Installation Tips - advice and hints to help with your spillway or waterwall setup
Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Pond Pump Troubleshooting - Pond pump stopped working? Check our step by step guide to see if you can diagnose and fix the problem
- How to check or change your Pond Pump Impeller - Follow these tips to maintain your pond pump and check or change the impeller
- How to clean your pond filter sponges correctly - NEVER use a garden hose or mains tap
- Pond FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about ponds and water quality
- Green Water Help - Your pond looks like Pea Soup!
- Interpet/Blagdon & Clearpond Dosage Information - Pond water treatment help
- String Algae/Blanketweed Help - Long stringy or cotton wool like algae choking your pond?
- Further Pond Water Quality Troubleshooting - A variety of problems and solutions to help with water quality issues
- Using Barley Straw in your pond - Natural method used for hundres of years to control algae
- Glossary of Terms - Read or heard a word but you're not sure of it's exact meaning? Check out this glossary of terminology to get your answer
3. Phone us on 1800 607 388 and talk to one of our experienced pond or pump specialists. We can answer your questions and will be happy to help you with advice about your project
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Saturday 8:30am - 12:30pm
Sunday & Public Holidays Closed
Australian Central Time (Adelaide Time Zone)