Blagdon Interpet Green Away is designed to treat green water full of suspended tiny particles of algae.
For help and information about common problems with Ponds and Water Quality see our Pond FAQ Help Section
- Excessive light or nutrients in a pond can stimulate unsightly and potentially dangerous algae blooms, which turn the water into a pea-green soup.
- The algae can affect oxygen and pH levels making the water highly alkaline and thus unsuitable for fish life.
- Green Away clumps the individual suspended particles of algae together so that they become trapped in the filter or sink to the bottom and die.
- Green Away does not act against filamentous algae in the pond. To resolve filamentous (stringy) algae or blanket weed, use Blagdon Blanket Weed Algaway, Pond Balance or Barley Straw Extract.
- Harmless to filters and all species of fish, plants and water using wildlife.
- 250ml Bottle - 3 dose course of treatment on a 3,766 litre pond or treats a total of 11,300 Litres
- 500ml bottle - 3 dose course of treatment on a 7,533 litre pond or treats a total of 22,600 Litres
- 1 Litre bottle - 3 dose course of treatment on a 15,200 litre pond or treats a total of 45,600 Litres
- Works well when used in conjunction with Interpet Sludge Buster
- Available in 250ml, 500ml or 1 Litre
Using algae treatments can be very effective at clearing algae, however they generally do not treat the underlying causes of algae. Some of the main causes of algae in ponds are:
- Undersized filtration system - your filter and pump are too small for your pond. Click here for information on sizing up the correct filter and pump for your pond.
- Not enough flow - you are not moving enough water around your pond or not running your pump all tht time. More flow = less algae/more oxygen and fish generally love it.
- Too much flow through your filter/uv lamp - if water moves too quickly past your uv lamp it doesn't have time to kill the algae properly.
- Too many fish for the size of the pond - too many fish in a small pond leaves a lot of organic waste
- Not running your pump/filter 24/7 - for pond filters to work properly they MUST be running 24/7. There is no way around this.
- No Ultra Violet Clarifier on your filtration setup - UV lamps can be extremely effective at keeping water from turning green.
- Pond Green Water Algae Help
- Pond String Algae or Blanket Weed Help
Clearing the microscopic green algae which turns your pond into a green 'pea soup' colour.
What we liked:
Specifically targeted for green water unlike some other products which treat a broad range of algae less effectively.
Less than ideal: