Blagdon have a terriffic range of gravity filters suitable for domestic ponds. The gravity filters sit up above the water level of your pond. Your pond pump then pumps the water from the pond up into the gravity filter. They are a terrific alternative to a pressure filter as they can hold large amounts of waste and are much easier to clean out. The Blagdon Minipond and Midipond have included a suitably sized Ultra Violet Clarifier which helps to control algae. Each filter also has 3 different grades of foam filter pads which help to remove dirt and waste. Ceramic biological filter media help to prevent the build up of harmful toxins in your pond water.
- Integrated Ultra Violet Clarifier to kill green algae that is suspended in the water and keep it looking crystal clear
- 3 different grades of foam filter pads to remove sediment (mechanical filtration)
- Wool pad for finer filtration
- Carbon pad to reduce toxicity and remove chemical pollutants
- Bionoodles which create an ideal place for nitrifying bacteria to live, which breaks down ammonia and other toxic substances to help with the nitrogen cycle of your pond (biological filtration)
- Large hinged lid, unpressurised so you can simply lift it up and take out the filter sponges to clean
- Replacement UV Lamps, Filter Sponges, Wool/Carbon Pads as well as other spare parts readily available
- Replacement bio-noodles also available
- Large filter housing holds a lot of waste before needing to be cleaned
- Ideal for dirty fish such as Koi or heavier fish stocking since they are much easier to empty out the waste
- Simple Blagdon Pond Kits are available including pump, matching filter, hose and fittings - click here
Any pond where you can place the filter box above the water level. The best kind of filter for Koi.
What we liked:
Construction is superb as is the filter layout and number, quality from top to bottom. Very good value. This is a great large capacity gravity filter.
Less than ideal:
If pumping up to a waterfall it can be difficult to position a gravity filter above it, best to use a pressure filter in this instance.