Blagdon Minipond and PRO Ultra Violet Clarifiers (UVCs) are a hollow tube containing a glass sleeve with a UV lamp inside, to be installed outside of your pond connected up to a separate pump. The pump then pumps your pond water through the UVC where is passes by the UV lamp before returning to the pond. The UV lamp kills the suspended green algae that floats in your pond water keeping it clear very effectively.
- Designed to be run 24/7 (pump must be running whenever UVC is switched on)
- Effectively clears green ponds of suspended microscopic algae leaving clear water
- Good to pair with a mechanical/biological filter to remove sediment
- Suitable for small to large ponds, sometimes used for large aquariums also
- Spare parts available. UV lamps are best replaced every 12 months, as with all pond UV systems
- UV resistant plastic, ok for outdoor installation
- Wall mountable
- Easy to install and change lamps
- Can suit ponds up to 64,800L
- Modular system, can link multiple UVCs together
- 2 Year warranty
- We do not recommend sticking with Blagdon's own recommend maximum flow rates for these UVCs. They are much too high and will not work effectively, as the water may pass too quickly over the UV lamp to kill the algae effectively. We have recommended our own maximum flow rates which we think will prove to be more effective
Small to large ponds and aquariums where green water is undesirable.
What we liked:
Flexible installation. Great value for money.
Less than ideal: