Matala Gravity Pond Filters, Ideal for ponds where gravity filter is needed. Ideal for Koi and Turtles. Allow extra oxygen to be naturally infused into the foam filters. Koi matting is used in these high quality pond filters.
High capacity mechanical / biological flow through with multi chamber filters for clear ponds.
Ponds can be effected by various factors such as unconsumed fish food, decomposing vegetation and fish waste. If these pollutants are allowed to accumulate, in time they will become harmful to your fish. The use of a biological filter will remove these toxins (nitrate, ammonia) and provide good quality water with the additional benefit of reducing algae growth.
Features of Biosteps Filter:
- State of Art Progressive Filtration.
- Supplied with sufficient volume of Matala® filter media with progressive densities.
- Filter design enhances growth of different ecological communities of bacteria and planktonic organisms that will colonies different sections of the filter.
- Cross-Flow Pattern: Traps more dirt at high flow rates without plugging.
- Built-In overflow safety.
- Easy maintenance.
- Sloped bottom with extra sink at outlet for easy draining.
- Modular design allows for future expansion.
- Rugged construction.
- Available with a Matala 16 watt UV Clarifier.
Any pond without a waterfall or if with a waterfall if the filter is placed at the top so water can gravity feed from the filter.
What we liked:
Great value for money. Very well made, excellent quality. It has many of the features of more expensive filters including a high outlet so half the filter can be buried if needed, provided the cleaning drain outlet is not used.
Less than ideal:
Based on the price point, not much. the features match the price.