The Oase Vitronic range of Ultra Violet Clarifiers (UVCs) are well designed and of a very high build quality. Water is pumped (using a separate pump) from your pond, through the UVC and then into a filter or straight back into the pond, sometimes via a waterfall or feature. As the water passes by the internal UV lamp, the green algae is killed and your pond water is clearer when it returns.
- Uses the same technology as the Oase Filtoclear pressure filters
- 18w and up models includes inspection window so you can see that the lamp is working
- Quick release closure technology for easy lamp changing (recommended every 12 months, as with all UVCs)
- Can be wall mounted or attached to some models of Oase gravity filters (Vitronic 18, 24 or 36w can be mounted on Biosmart 18000 or 36000)
- Can be used inline with existing pump and filter setup of any brand, assuming the flow rates and pressure are within the operating specifications
- Clears green water fast
- Availabile in 4 different sizes, for ponds up to 60,000L
Small to large ponds which require water to be clear and free of microscopic suspended algae. Some aquarium setups.
What we liked:
Very, very high build quality from Oase at a very reasonable price. This UVC is a great addition to any system and can be used inline with any brand of existing pump or filter.
Less than ideal:
Nothing not to like. The next step up is the Oase Bitron which is self cleaning.