Ubbink's range of gravity filters are made in the Netherlands to a very high quality. Featuring an integrated Ultra Violet Clarifier, Fitler Sponges, Bioballs and Bio Granules, the Ubbink Filtraclear and Filtramax offer Ultra Violet, Mechanical and Biological filtration to keep your pond clear and your fish happy and healthy.
- Integrated Ultra Violet Clarifier to kill suspended green algae that turns your water green, keeping it clear
- Filter sponges to remove sediment
- Bioball and Bio Granules which create an ideal environment for nitrifying bacteria to grow. These help to break down ammonia and other toxins produced by fish, and remove them from the pond
- Very easy to clean, simply take off the lid
- Flushing valve to clear waste from the bottom of the cannister quickly
- UV Stabilised and robust contruction for long life
- Ideal for messier fish such as Koi since they can hold a lot of waste and are easy to clean
- Quick and easy to set up
- A modular system. Link multiple Ubbink Filtramax 12500 filters together with a single pump for larger ponds. Easy to extend your filtration system if your fish grow larger/breed or increase the size of the pond. (See diagram towards the bottom)
Domestic ponds up to 12500L where it is possible to have your filter located above the water level. Ideal for Koi/Turtles or heavier fish stocking.
What we liked:
Very easy to clean, in built UVC. High build quality from Europe. Link multiple filters together for added flexibility and performance.
Less than ideal:
Nothing for the price point.