The Oase Biosmart range of gravity filters are suitable for many domestic ponds. Perfect for Koi or messier fish, these filters have a unique graded sponge system which can be easily cleaned using a bottom flushign valve and built in compression handles. Their large size and superior design allows them to hold very large amounts of organic waste from your pond so they don't need to be cleaned as frequently as other brands.
- Physically large filters with many individual sponges produce a very high capacity suited to large ponds or koi ponds
- An Oase Bitron or Vitronic Ultra Violet Clarifier can be matched with and then integrated onto a suitably sized Biosmart if required, to help eliminate suspended microscopic algae (green water)
- Easy to clean, saving time
- Advanced design creates perfect environment for nitrifying bacteria to live, reducing ammonia and other toxic substances in your pond
- High quality German engineering, uv stabilised plastic leads to a long service life
- The filter sponges are replaceable although they last many years. All spare parts are available
- Flushing valve to remove waste from the bottom of the filter
- Can be partially recessed in the ground to make it 1/3 of it's original height making it easier to conceal
- In-built cleaning level indicator and thermometer
- Additional oxygen enrichment through special water channelling
Domestic ponds with heavy fish stocking or koi, or a situation where minimal cleaning and maintanence is required.
What we liked:
Much easier to clean than pressure filters. Simply lift up the hinged lid to open since it is not a pressurised system. Quality is very high.
Less than ideal:
Large physical size can sometimes be difficult to integrate into your landscape. Filter can be partially recessed to make a lower profile.