The Oase Bitron C range is the cream of the crop when it comes to Ultra Violet Clarifiers. They have a unique automatic self cleaning rotor which keeps the quartz sleeve that houses the UV lamp clear. In other brands, calcification, sediment and other debris can build up on the quartz sleeve. If half of the lamp is blocked, then your UV clarifier will only work half as well. It also features a clever bypass system which adjusts the flow going over the lamp to the optimal range even at high flow rates.
- Automatic cleaning rotor powered by water flow which continuously wipes the quartz sleeve clean for maximum efficiency
- Quick open and close to change the UV lamp (recommended every 12 months as with all UV lamps)
- Throttle handle to adjust flow
- Smart bypass system which adjusts the flow going over the lamp to the optimal range even at high flow rates
- Very high quality from Oase. Top of the range
- Made in Germany
- Inspection window to check lamp is functioning
- Kills algae, reduces harmful bacteria and pathogens
- Eliminates green water
- Integrated magnets protect against limescale deposits
- Can be used inline with any brand of pump and/or filter, or attached to the appropriate Oase Biosmart or Biotec gravity filters
Any pond small to large that requires UV clarification (to eliminate green water) with minimal maintanence. Great for use with Oase gravity filters such as the Biosmart or Biotec Screenmatic as they just bolt on.
What we liked:
The self cleaning mechanism, integrated magnets and bypass mechanism is fantastic and is not seen on any other UVC, making the Bitron far superior to anything else available.
Less than ideal:
Absolutely nothing. The most technologically advanced UVC on the market. Nothing comes close.